Hooligan Adventures Privacy Statement (updated on January 2, 2022)
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of personal information that Hooligan Adventures, “we” or “us” collects, uses and discloses. It explains how we use and disclose that information, the choices you have regarding such use and disclosure and how you may correct that information.
This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information we collect or receive about you, from any source, including through our websites and other online platforms (the “Sites”). We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement before providing us with any personal information and before using any of the Sites. By providing us with any personal information or using any of the Sites, you are signifying that you agree with all of the terms of this Privacy Statement, so please do not do so if you disagree with any part of this Privacy Statement.
- Collection of Personal Information
- To which companies does this Privacy Statement apply? This Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Hooligan Adventures.
- What is personal information? Personal information is any factual or subjective information about an identifiable individual. Your personal information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, phone numbers, gender, email address, identification numbers, etc. Personal Information, however, does not include your name, business title or business address and business telephone number in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
- How do we collect your personal information? We will always collect your personal information by fair and lawful means. For example, you may provide your personal information when you complete a contest ballot form, submit a promotional product request form or contact consumer service. You may also provide your personal information when you use one of our Sites, including by creating an account, entering a contest, signing up for email communications or participating in a survey. We sometimes collect personal information from you through third party service providers, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise permitted by law. We may also collect your demographic data, such as your gender and postal code, when you provide this information to us. Demographic data may be used to tailor your experience on the Sites and the communications you receive from us. On occasion, aggregate information that does not identify any particular user may be compiled and shared with our affiliates and other third parties as described in Section III below.
- How do we use technology to collect information through the Site? The Site collect some information about you using technology, so it may not be readily apparent to you that it is being collected. The Site uses information collected through technology to make our Site more interesting and useful to you. As part of these processes, your personal information may be stored and processed outside of Canada. We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else outside the Hooligan Adventures group without your consent.
What about cookies? “Cookies” are data files that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing the site. These data files include information that allows a website to remember important information that will make your use of the website more efficient and useful to you. Cookies do not cause damage to your computer systems or files, and only the website that transferred a particular cookie to you can read, modify or delete such cookie.
What about other technologies? Our Sites may also use “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of our Sites, to deliver advertisements for goods and services that may be of interest to you and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. Additionally, Hooligan Adventures may collect “referrers” information, IP addresses and various environmental variables through our Sites.
- A “referrer” is information the web browser passes along to our web servers that references the URL from which you came.
- The “IP address” is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. An IP address is often associated with the place from which you enter the Internet like your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company or your university. This information is not personally identifiable.
- “Environmental variables” include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed this site, the type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit our Sites, the names of the pages you visit while at our Sites and the Internet address of the website you then visit.
This information is collected for Hooligan Adventures’ internal use, such as to enhance website security, to detect broad demographic trends, to assist Hooligan Adventures in providing content tailored to your interests and to otherwise enhance your experience on the Sites. This information may also be shared with third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis. We may use both personal information and non-personal information, individually or together, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, improve our products and services, better understand customer interests and preferences, and provide you with relevant information. We may enhance or merge personal information that you provide with data obtained from third parties.
Use of Personal Information
How do we use your personal information? Whenever we collect your personal information, we will identify the purposes for which we will use that information and we will obtain your consent to such use. We may collect your personal information for a variety of reasons, including: sending you information and communications; responding to product inquiries and other requests; conducting contests and promotions (including sending prizes to winners directly or through third parties acting on our behalf); processing transactions; optimizing your experience on our Sites; addressing product injury claims; and for internal purposes such as analyzing and managing our business. We may also use your personal information as otherwise permitted by law.
When and how do we obtain your consent? We obtain your consent prior to collecting, using or disclosing your personal information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally or in writing. For example, when you submit a contest ballot form to our redemption house, you provide your consent to allow the redemption house to disclose the information in the ballot form to us so that we may identify you as a contest winner. From time to time, we may collect, utilize or disclose your personal information based on your consent and as permitted by law.
How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your personal information? We may keep a record of your personal information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and as permitted or required by law. We have established minimum and maximum retention periods and procedures for maintaining and destroying your personal information.
What about User Generated Content? From time to time, we may receive content from consumers as part of contests, promotions and other functions of our Sites (“User Generated Content” or “UGC”). Any UGC you submit may be publicly displayed, including on our Sites, and is subject to any terms and conditions communicated to you as part of the submission process. Please remember that any information you disclose in connection with a UGC submission may become public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in a submission. Hooligan Adventures cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law or your personal privacy and safety and Hooligan Adventures is not responsible for the results of such postings.
Hooligan Adventures communicates through our Sites and various offline means. You may sign up or opt-in to receive communications from Hooligan Adventures. If you do not opt-in, Hooligan Adventures will not send you any communications, including promotional offers. Each communication sent to you by Hooligan Adventures contains an “unsubscribe” link or other unsubscribe mechanism, allowing you to opt-out at any time. If you opt-in to receive communications from multiple sources within Hooligan Adventures, and subsequently wish to opt-out, you may need to opt-out individually from each of the brands you elected to receive communications from. See Section IV below for further information on modifying the personal information we have for you, including communication preferences.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. We will never share private information with any third parties. Exception (v) is local authorities such as law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process. Any information you share with Hooligan Adventures is completely confidential and will never be disclosed with any other parties (v).
When do we disclose personal information to third parties? We will never share personal information with other companies (third parties) outside the Hooligan Adventures family of companies: (i) unless permitted by law; (ii) in the event of violation of law, fraud, criminal activities (iii) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a local authorities such as law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process; or (iv) to protect the interests or safety of Hooligan Adventures, our customers and consumers and other users of our Sites.
Openness, Access and Security
- How can you review your personal information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed? Hooligan Adventures has a variety of convenient methods available that allow you to review, correct, update or otherwise modify information previously collected from you, including communication preferences. You may:
- modify your information on your account profile page on the applicable Site
- use the Contact Us form on the applicable Site
We will make available to you any specific personal information of yours that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, upon your request, to the extent permitted by law. We will make such information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, including explaining any abbreviations or codes.
- How do you know that the personal information we have for you is accurate? We will ensure that your personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your personal information, when required.
- What if the personal information we have for you is inaccurate? As described in Section IV.A above, you can, at any time, contact us to review, correct, update or otherwise modify the personal information we have for you. In each such case, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or clearly indicate that you wish to have your personal information removed from our database. If you successfully demonstrate that the personal information we have for you is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend our records of your personal information as required. Note that despite any request for a change to or removal of your personal information, we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. We may make efforts to transmit any amended information to local authorities having access to your personal information. However, we are not responsible for informing third parties with whom we have previously shared your personal information of any changes requested pursuant to this Section or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
- How fast will we respond to your requests? Please note that requests for changes to your personal information, even those submitted through our sites, may not be effective immediately. We will attempt to respond to any requests regarding personal information as soon as reasonably possible, and in any event not later than 30 days after receipt of each such request. We will advise you in writing if we cannot respond to any of your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the federal Privacy Commissioner in respect of this time limit.
- How do we know that it is really you requesting your personal information? We may request that you provide us with sufficient identification before granting you access to information regarding the existence, use or disclosure of your personal information. Any such identification information shall be used only for this purpose.
- What safeguards have we implemented to protect your personal information? We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business “need-to-know” or whose duties reasonably require access to such information.
- What type of security do we provide on our Sites? The importance of the security of all personal information collected through our Sites is of utmost importance to us. We have taken reasonable technical, contractual, administrative and physical security steps to protect the personal information collected from you through the Sites, consistent with standard industry practice and the sensitivity of the personal information collected. For example, if and when you provide credit card information, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect it. These security measures are periodically reviewed. However, there are some things that users of our Sites can do to help protect the security of their personal information as well. For instance, no user should ever give out their user name or password. Also, every user should sign out of their internet account and close their browser window each time they finish using the internet so that other people using the same computer will not have access to their information.
- Whom do I contact with questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement? If you need further assistance, please contact Hooligan Adventures using the Contact us page.
Privacy Statement Updates: Hooligan Adventures reserves the right to make changes in this Privacy Statement. Such changes will take effect immediately upon posting. For your convenience, the last revised date of the current Privacy Statement will be posted at the top of this page. By continuing to interact with us following such changes, including by using our Sites, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not continue using our Sites.
Governing Law: This Privacy Statement is governed by, and interpreted and enforced in accordance with, the laws in force in the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada (excluding any conflict of laws, rule or principle which might refer such interpretation to the laws of another jurisdiction).